Senior Landscape Designer | Full-time
THH Landscape is the landscape design and architecture division of This Humid House, a botanical design studio founded in Singapore in 2017. THH Landscape desires to be a leading voice in the field and is rooted in the storytelling potential of plants and flowers. Their practice is shaped by landscape traditions of the world and their deeply contextual and culturally engaged approach continues the enduring conversation between humankind and nature.
The Senior Landscape Designer is responsible for leading the design team in preparing accurate, highly creative landscape design solutions to suit a variety of project scales and typologies as well as client preferences. The primary focus is on delivering design solutions that are conceptually grounded, thoughtful, sophisticated, highly desirable, ecologically conscious, and adeptly balance the immediate and long-term needs of clients. This individual must also be able to structure and then close profitable sales opportunities in a timely fashion while providing the ultimate client experience through a relationship of trust and effective communication.
This role reports to the Landscape Design Director on a day-to-day basis, and works closely with the Creative Director.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Effectively uncover client needs and communicate compelling cost-effective design solutions through beautiful, thoughtfully considered design proposals and visualisations
- Perform thorough studies of each site to have a comprehensive understanding of its conditions, from sun exposure, drainage, site access, etc
- Maintain a knowledge base of soft-scape inventory that is available and make sophisticated choices
- Accurately prepare construction drawings with excellent details
- Conduct efficient tender process
- Sell profitable design/build proposals that meet or exceed sales goals
- Grow client base with a focus on relationships exceeding expectations
THH Landscape is recognised as the most highly creative yet practical Landscape Architecture studio in Singapore delivering extraordinary work in a timely fashion that meets our client's budget and expectations.
Metrics to Measure Results
Success in this position will be measured by
- Performance Review Score - for design creativity, quality and accuracy
- Company customer relations management - for days spent in progress for design efficiency
- Client Reviews - for delivering on brand promise, expectations, and ability to problem solve
- Project Cost Report - for the consistent delivery of buildable projects with complete and accurate information
- Customer Review Score - Meeting 5/5 stars on regular client surveys to public (online) profiles
Detailed Overview of Responsibilities
1. Effectively uncover client needs and provide compelling solutions
- Maintain effective use of design questionnaire
- Meet with clients to understand objectives, needs, wants and wishes
- Communicate with highly effective questions and problem-solving skills
- Provide alternate solutions where required, and be open to client preferences
- Maintain the use of practical, buildable solutions
- Periodically assist with the sale of the final project
2. Thoroughly perform site inventories
- Visit sites to measure existing buildings, features, grades and elevations, and other critical dimensions.
- Accurately identify all existing plant material
- Utilise lot plans, surveys, and interactive online mapping resources to collect additional property information.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of building regulations, code, and bylaws
- Prepare base plans with all relevant information
3. Efficiently create uniquely desirable, artistic and inspirational landscape designs
- Demonstrate a natural ability to hand sketch conceptual plans and hand renderings
- Produce artistic, creative, and attractive designs with appropriate layout and flow
- Consider highly value-engineered solutions, practical in nature where required
- Demonstrate strong time management and production efficiency throughout the creative process
- Confidently utilise all required technology and software to prepare final landscape drawings
- Effectively produce 3d renderings of construction details by hand or computer, as required
- Demonstrate a high level of diversity and flexibility in design style
- Show a natural interest in connecting living spaces within a rugged environment, using a variety of materials, textures, features and layout styles
4. Accurately prepare construction drawings and takeoffs
- Prepare compelling conceptual plans for the budget, including alternate solutions
- Prepare highly detailed and accurate final construction plans, including site details, base plans, grading and drainage features, additional overlays such as lighting, etc.
- Prepare full planting plans with appropriate plant specifications
- Provide thorough quantity takeoffs for estimating
- Assist with a full estimate of project utilising LMN software
5. Demonstrate a high working knowledge of landscape trends, features, and techniques
- Demonstrate a high working knowledge of horticulture, plant identification and specification
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of all hard and softscape features found within the landscape, including but not limited to patios, retaining walls, pools and spas, water features, decks, pavilions, pergolas, plantings, lighting, etc.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of all current interior and exterior design trends
- Visit trade conferences, interior and exterior design shows, and collect new resources
- Participate in building relationships through networking, peer groups, trade associations, conferences
6. Meet Sales Goals
- Sell landscape projects and services at approved pricing, that meets or exceeds sales goals
- Participate with sales goal setting and monitoring, and coordinate sales efforts with other team members to increase market share
- Accurately document all leads and opportunities in the company-approved Customer Relations Management system, and aggressively pursue all proposals in progress
- Maintain awareness of outstanding collections, and advise appropriate parties to make collections in a timely fashion, or according to terms agreed
- Meet company required reporting submissions on all sales KPl's
7. Grow Client Base
- Prospect for new business, building relationships with property owners, developers, and other purchasers as required to maintain required leads to fill the sales pipeline
- Represent company at various events, association meetings, conferences, and shows, for the purposes of building client relationships and creating leads
- Continuously manage all opportunities in the pipeline in a timely manner, as per sales process
- Provide a clear and detailed project handoff to divisional operations management
- Communicate any customer conflict or complaint with appropriate parties, and work to resolve immediately and effectively
This role is aimed at those with a minimum of 5 years experience in the Landscape Design field
- Exceptional portfolio of previous design experience
- Landscape design diploma or Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture
- Five or more years of industry related design experience
- Confidently handles high-level relationships
- Is a good listener
- Asks good questions and takes leadership
- Is highly organised and good at juggling multiple open leads
- Keeps momentum on all projects in the design queue
- Artistically gifted, by hand and by software
- Horticultural expert
- Experienced and confident in construction methods
- Fluent in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
Key Success Behaviours
- Aligned with THH Core Values of Knowledge, Optimism, Relationships, Passion
- Demonstrates ambition and creativity
- Demonstrates initiative as a self-starter and finisher
Landscape Design Intern | Internship
This Humid House is Singapore’s leading botanical studio that creates statement-making plant and floral products for events, retail and businesses.
As a Landscape Design Intern, you will work with the landscape team from concept design to event execution.
This position is based in our Singapore studio and will require a minimum commitment of 2 months. Graduates or students studying Architecture or Interior Design diploma or degree but with a clear interest in Landscape will be considered.
- Contribute to design thinking and process
- Translate design ideas into design solutions
- Project coordination, ensuring projects are carried out within contract terms and timelines
- Participate in client and supplier meetings
- Liaise with relevant authorities
- Any other ad hoc duties assigned by the manager
- A passion for landscape and an eye for design
- Knowledge of InDesign and Sketchup
- Organised and excellent time management
- Able to work 44 hours per week and willing to work on weekends.
- Great English communication skills
- Inquisitive mind and a collaborative attitude
- A valid Class 3 driving license is a bonus
Floral Designers | Freelance
Freelance Floral Designers at This Humid House are responsible for executing projects under the direction of the full-time Floral Design team.
This role is aimed at those who enjoy making with flowers and have availability to support our events and other engagements.
- Execution and maintenance of Floral and Botanical products
- Retail floral arrangements, corporate and mass orders
- Event operations, logistics and floristry
- Studio management: Cleanliness, conditioning of flowers, maintenance, inventory checks and sourcing
- Assist in ad-hoc assignments when needed
- A natural interest in floral design and botanicals
- Willing to work with hands as this will be a physically labourious job
- Availability on weekends and non-office hours
- Experience is not necessary but it will be helpful if you've worked with flowers before
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your most updated CV
- Why you want to work with us in 100 words or less
- 5 images that inspire you, and why
- Your availability
- If you have a driver’s license
Content Creators | Freelance
Content Creators at This Humid House are responsible for producing excellent and on-point content pieces across various media channels to generate customer interest in products and services.
This role reports to the General Manager and is aimed at those with strong interest to create stories that stick. There will be opportunities to convert to a full-time role depending on performance.
- Proposing and developing content pieces with the General Manager for awareness and engagement
- Create and execute content, especially Instagram Reels, TikTok videos and newsletter writing
- Increasing brand awareness and market share
- Creativity in storytelling
- Passion for social media and staying up-to-date with trends
- Ability to apply and adapt trends to our brand identity
- Enthusiastic personality that’s not afraid to be in front of the camera
- Able to engage and hold the audience’s attention
- A sharp eye for detail and strong copywriting and communication skills
- A curious and open mind that is agile, flexible and always ready to adapt for improvement